7.13.2014

It can now be official...

But does that really mean I have to listen to his advice as if he was a REAL doctor now??

I always joke around with Norm that he was never really a doctor until he walked the stage. Due to his clinical scheduling, he was technically completed with medical school in September. We had to wait 9 long months until graduation. 
He tends to illicit unwanted advice about health care (haha sorry babe) and I tend not to listen, especially when it has to do with the kids. Bad I know. I'm working on it.
So he would constantly ask, "what is it going to take for you to trust that I know what I'm talking about?" Once again, I'm working on it.
The day of Norms graduation was a bit crazy. It was Friday the 13th. He had to be starting his orientation in Arizona on the 23rd and driving from Florida to Arizona takes a full four days. 
We decided after graduation we would drive home, pack up the moving truck, and leave the next day. Yikes! We must've been feeling really ambitious!
We drove down to Norm's sisters house who lives about 3 hours from our house and about an hour from the graduation on Thursday night. We had a celebratory dinner and a nice time. 
The next morning was a bit crazy. Norm got lost on the way there (he can't really miss his own graduation can he?!), we got stuck in some really bad crazy horrible (i hate you) Miami traffic and almost did miss him graduating. But all turned out okay and we made it! And he did it! He walked with honors and my heart was bursting for joy as he walked across that stage!





There he is, Dr. Norman L. Beatty

Started this journey with one child. Adding two more didn't slow him down!
My parents are amazing and I couldn't imagine celebrating this day without them there. They have been ever so supportive during the past four years!



We talked about this day for what seemed like forever. First, were we going to wait until graduation or just head out and get settled in Arizona. Then, about how we couldn't really believe we were at this point. Graduation. From medical school! And lastly, what an amazing memory for our children and our family! We couldn't pass it up!
Ever since Norm and I started dating in 2001 he always said he wanted to be a doctor. I thought, yeah, okay sure. But, he worked hard. He persevered. If anyone knows Norm, they know when he sets his mind on something, he will do it! And he did! We all love him so much and speaking for him, we know that every piece of that diploma has each of our families names on it as well for all their love and support.

1 comment:

  1. Well said, my friend!! Love this!! AHHH! Oliver said, "I wanna go there."

    ReplyDelete