Did you know this is the first time they started naming blizzards? Before apparently, it was Chicago's blizzard of '84, New York's blizzard of 2010 and so on. When I first started hearing this "Nemo" business I had no idea what they were talking about. I quickly figured out after then being stuck to the tv for hours watching the Weather Channel what Nemo was all about.
Nemo hit New York and traveled up the east coast last weekend leaving us with around 12+ inches of snow. A good chunk of it came in the middle of the night and we were quite surprised when we woke up what we saw. I've never seen so much snow in my life!
It made for quite an interesting and exhausting weekend for me (considering Norm is still in Miami and actually enjoyed himself fishing all day).
I woke up early in the morning and came downstairs while it was still coming down. That's my car underneath all that snow.
Norman had the time of his life playing with the neighbor friends in the snow.
He later asked me if we could live in New York forever so he could always play in the snow. I can almost guarantee that ain't happening buddy. Sorry to disappoint.
And then there's Claire...
She mostly watched from the side lines yelling out orders to the kids every once in a while. Typical Claire. She's the boss wherever she goes.
I later got the chance to shovel snow for the first time. The excitement of that faded very quickly. This pregnant belly is not cut out for snow shoveling right now. I shoveled for nearly 2 hours and still couldn't move my car. Needless to say we were stranded for the weekend and ended up watching "Finding Nemo 3 times in a 36 hr. window.
The snow has since melted and turned to black slushy piles in some areas. It was fun while it lasted.
No comments:
Post a Comment