30 steps is what it took to put a smile on my face. 30 steps to walk into a house that finally feels like a home. 30 steps to see a dishwasher and gasp, even a washer in dryer! 30 steps to feel like I was in heaven for a second.
This last weekend we did something we've come quite familiar with this last year. This will mark as our 5th move in a year. Lucky us. Thankfully, we've got this moving thing down to a science. We've learned that it doesn't take 'stuff' to fill a home, but rather love. (wow that sounded really corny)
Norman and I went up and down those thirty steps more times that I can even count. Enough that my legs were shaking and I literally had no strength to lift a single box. Enough steps to know that 4 days later I still get out of bed in the morning limping. Enough steps to know that we are not moving for a long time! Enough steps to know that I don't need an expensive gym membership because carrying a 20lb child up and down those will give me nicer legs than any stairmaster could. Enough steps to guarantee the next time we do this I'm planning to be pregnant so I can just watch!
To say that our time in New Jersey was a drab would be an understatement. Norman often refers to it as our prison sentence.
This new house and new places brings a feeling of freshness. A new start. I am looking forward to the upcoming summer months were I can walk a few steps and be on the beach. Back to my Florida roots. Finally, I feel like we our living in a home, our home.
I am so happy for you guys. You guys do have moving down to a science.
ReplyDeleteLove it Cassi...you are ever so eloquent and so deserve your new home. Mom :)
ReplyDeleteAww Cassi, I'm so happy for you! A dishwasher & a washing machine?? Heaven!
ReplyDeleteI love it! I want to see the rest of the pics!!
ReplyDeleteYayyyy, Cassi! You are seriously like a super-hero, I cannot believe you have moved 5 times this year with your family! I am so glad you are happy and have a dishwasher and washer (I will probably cry when I live in a place that has those!) and finally a place that feels like home! You deserve it :) P.S. - I totally agree, I think NJ is the worst!
ReplyDeleteBeautifully written. So thrilled for you guys!
ReplyDelete