This was my first official trip into "the city" as the locals call it. Most people her in New Jersey actually hate going to "the city" and everytime I bring up Manhattan to someone here they like to comment on how badly it sucks....excuse my french. Taking all of this into account I was expecting the worst.
So once you pull out of the lincoln tunnel bam it hits you. I mean I have seen plenty of pictures but when you see it in person it is so much more than what you expect. Cars and people everywhere....billboards right in your face like 50 stories high.....not to mention the skyscrappers...the crazy taxi drivers...horns honking....and it was still 7am!!
Well as I am taking all this in I wonder to myself what is the temple going to look like amongst all of this? I honestly imagined it to be like a small sign on the side of some random building where it encompassed three or four floors. I didn't have high expectations for some reason.
So as we are driving we turn the corner and I see the angel Moroni. Vibrate and radiant. I couldn't believe it. I was stunned. I was already in awe of this city but this topped the icing. Here I am in one of the biggest cities in the world and there is the angel Moroni sitting on top of the temple. It's own building. For everyone to see. What a wonderful site. I felt blessed at that moment that I was a part of something so great.
I almost feel like I am bearing my testimony but we are so blessed to have so many temples here on the earth today. This trip helped me understand that. I grateful for so much. Well anyways I felt inspired to leave you guys with these thoughts. I hope all is well and we miss everyone!! cya
view right outside the front doors as you exit the temple
I mean it was 7am....for some reason I thought it was going to be a ghost town.




nice post norm! I loved it! Keep it coming! Love amz
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing your fun experience, Norm! What a fun post. The temple is wonderful.
ReplyDelete