Today was the first day since being here in New Jersey that Norm came home from the hospital early. I was quite surprised when I heard the key enter the front door and my husband walk through the door. Before he could even shut the door behind him he asked, "Where's Norman? I want to take him to the park before it gets dark." (You see where I rank huh?)
I had just put Norman down for a nap, which now-a-days means he lays there long enough for me to think he's actually fallen asleep and then I'll hear him playing. I guess at 4 1/2 it's normal for him to phase out napping right? Honestly, I'm happy it lasted as long as it did.
So we both barged down the hallway to see who could open up Normans door first to see the excitement on his face that he got out of nap time easily today. Norman kept asking, "Why did the doctors let you come home early today daddy?"
I think it took a whole 5 minutes and those two were out the door already planning their newest adventure.
Truth is, I wouldn't have it any other way. Norm could've easily come home and tried to get some sleep. He's been getting very little lately thanks to our sweet little love bug who insists on being held all night, every night to sleep and his demanding work schedule. I admire that he knows his role as Normans father and more importantly, his friend. And that, I am thankful for.
It's hard to believe this picture was taken just a year ago. It seems like yesterday we were living on the island. Life was much simpler then.
No comments:
Post a Comment