10.01.2011

Dominica Challenge

My dear friend Katie of Priceless Adventure is a blogher mastermind. On top of her own personal blog, she also revamps friends blog and they look amazing. To see some of her latest designs go here. She's issued a challenge to all her blog friends who currently live on the island of Dominica or have previously lived and loved the island. I thought it would be fun to participate considering I feel like I'm missing my beloved Dominica. To check out what some of my old Dominica peeps think also, check out Katie's 'Blogs I Love' page.

So here's the challenge:

Day 1: What did/do you miss about home?
Although family should be number 1, thanks to the great world wide web, Skype, and a magic jack, I often felt like I talked to my family more on the island than home. I think they felt the need to keep me up to date with current events and I felt the need to complain talk about how much I loved this place.
So with that said, sadly I will say I missed strawberries the most. When my mom asked me what she could have stocked in the fridge when I got home I requested milk (this was before the oh so convenient IGA) and strawberries. And let me tell you, she had them there waiting and they were delicious!
Here's to Day 1 and to hoping I can keep up for 10 days!

2 comments:

  1. This is sweet! I am glad you guys had the chance to live it up on the island!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cassi, cute post! I think strawberries and milk are at the top of my list, too! We miss you here, but I am loving following your blog updates :) You are so cute prenant!!!

    ReplyDelete