After 2 years of medical school and the last 7 weeks of 12 hour study days, Norm sat for an 8hr test called the STEP1. It's his first of 3 medical licensing board exams. You can learn more about it here. It's pretty intense. This will likely decide where we go for the next 2 years for clerkships and ultimately residency programs. We are all so proud of Norm and I'm sure he did great!
We have so many friends and family who ask, "Ok, so what's next?" Good question. I wish I knew.
Now we just get to sit and wait for the scores to come back. Could be as little as 2 weeks or up to 8. After the scores come in we submit them to Ross, then wait again. Hopefully only 1-2 weeks. Then we decide where we will go next. Where you may ask? Good question once again. Wish I could tell ya. Ross can place students from California to New York to Georgia. So your guess is as good as mine.
In the mean time, we are an excited house. I'm excited to have a husband and there's a little boy who couldn't be happier to have his best friend back. Here's what we've been up to.
| We got a little ice cream cake to celebrate Norm finishing the Step. I also cooked this delicious chicken marsala recipe found here |
| Norm Jr. has been enjoying baths upstairs in Grandmas big bath tub that has the "rocket ship bubbles" This kid could spend an hour in the bath and still want to play. |
| The boys getting ready for t-ball to start this Saturday |
| Soccer games |
| Boating adventures with dad |
I on the other hand feel like a sitting duck. I'm trying to be as patient as possible. I'm 39 weeks and 2 days today to be exact. I went to the doctor today and I'm only 1cm dilated. We go back next Friday if nothing else happens before then. In the mean time, I've been lacing up my walking shoes in hopes gravity will take over. Wish me luck!
Love the picts of Norm & Norman! We want a belly shot of you too
ReplyDeleteCass, Sounds like ya'll are in a good place with the step DONE and waitin on baby :)… glad to hear you are in a good place. I hope that you get where you want to go for rotations.
ReplyDeleteHooray!!!! That seemed to go by fast (I'm sure not as much for you...). Perfect now that he is done and you can have the baby whenever- tomorrow?! Have lots of fun and make sure Norm gets all his health forms and all that mumbo jumbo in and squared away before his scores come back so he can talk to them right away when he gets them. Oh, and come back to Saginaw please ;)
ReplyDeleteAHHHH I can't wait to get there! Love you!
ReplyDeleteI want to take a bath in that awesome tub! That was such a treat. We would behave just so we could get up there to use it!
ReplyDeleteno, don't listen to kelly, i vote georgia! :) could be fun!! congrats on getting everything done and ready right in time for this new baby!! hooray! and good luck, i am so excited for you!
ReplyDelete