10.03.2011

Day 2

Here's to Day 2. A little late but better than nuttin'.

Day 2: What has been better than expected?
When I arrived to Dominica my husband had already been there for 6 months. He had already come to know the island, know where to shop, know the lay of the land so to speak. So it was a little hard for me to come in almost as an outsider to this world my husband had been living in. Also with coming in the middle of a semester, I missed out on all the RSO meet and greets. All the chances to get to know the girls that you would be spending most, if not all of your time with while you remained on the island had already passed.

But much to my surprise, I was so welcomed with open arms. Between the RSO girls and my sweet church family, I learned to sow my Dominican oats. I began to love my time on the island thanks to this amazing group of girls. They started to become closer friends to me than friends back home. They understood my life at that moment when others couldn't. It was a sense of relief. We were all on common ground. It was nice. A simple life that I miss most days.

1 comment:

  1. obviously you're talking about me.

    right back at ya girl. ha

    ReplyDelete