Today I am exhausted because I could barely sleep last night because I was so excited for you.
Today as I went into your room to wake you up, I took a few extra seconds to lay next to you and wished that I could just pause time for a little while.
Today as we drove to school and I was reminding you to listen to your teacher, be nice to others, raise your hand, I had to stop myself and say no to the rules, just have fun my son.
Today when we walked into a real school with real classrooms (as you call it), you excitedly asked, "Is that my desk?"
Today as I walked out of that same "real" school with tears running down my face I wondered a few things...
Have your father and I taught you enough?
Have we taught you to stand up for what is right?
Have we taught you to be nice to other kids?
Have we taught you to listen to teachers and be respectful?
Today I am thankful for your sweet spirit, but hoped that it meant you wouldn't be bullied.
Today I wished that you could stay my little boy forever. But as your father has continuously reminded me this will be a good transition for you when baby #2 arrives.
Today I was reminded of a little excerpt from one your newest favorites
"Congratualtoins!
Today is your day.
You're off to Great Places!
You're off and away!
You have brains in your head.
You have feet in your shoes.
You can steer yourself any direction you choose.
You're on your own. And you know what you know.
And YOU are the guy who'll decide where to go."
Today, as I sit here still crying two hours later, counting down the time until I get to pick you up in a hour, I wonder if this is how I am for your first day of pre-school, how will I react when you go to Kindergarten, start middle school, high school, and eventually college? Looks like I'll need to invest in some Kleenex.

i have tears in my eyes. Little normy is growing up. Oliver is next. then bella! ahh You are a wonderful mother.
ReplyDeleteAwww why did you write that ash! Now I am worried. I cried last night when Oliver tried on Jason's glove and light up the entire room! lOVE YOU CASS!
ReplyDeleteI love you.
ReplyDelete