9.10.2011

Here's to year #2

Norm and I celebrated our second year of marriage on September 6th. I, sadly, had to find our marriage license and look up the date to confirm. Read here to see why. The actual day fell on a Tuesday so we waited until this weekend to celebrate. And it gave Norm the perfect excuse to see the movie Contagion. Me and Norm haven't been to the movies by ourselves since before he left for Dominica in January of 2010! If you haven't yet seen this movie I highly recommend it. It will totally freak you out and make you never want to touch something that someone else has previously touched (impossibly right?). Thank you to Norm's grandparents who voluntarily watched Norm Jr. for us so we could have a nice evening out and to my ever so generous parents who continue to give and give.
After the movie, Norm surprisingly agreed was forced into eating out. For those of you who don't know Norm he is extremely cheap frugal when it comes to spending money on food. He'll insist on packing pb&j sandwiches for days when we'll be out during the day at lunch hour. Regardless, we found this bbq and chowed down on some burgers. I couldn't have been happier.
 pure deliciousness
As we were pulling into the driveway we both realized how nice it was to spend a night alone together with uninterrupted conversation. I almost forgot what it was like to spend an evening with my best friend.
Sept. 9, 2011
Last year, we spent our anniversary in Dominica. Our friend Jessie made this comment on our blog a year ago... 
Paul Jessie and the Boys said...yay!! congratulations! :) so for your first anniversary you spent it on a tropical island... how will you up that next year?! :) 

If you said Maryland, I would've called you a fool. But, now that we are here, I couldn't think of a better spot for our growing family. It's amazing to be going through this journey with my family and I love them more and more each day. Here's to two years my love! Who knows what year number three will bring us, but I can almost guarantee it will be in different state! ;)

4 comments:

  1. I absolutely LOVE this post. You two are the most darling couple I've ever seen. I love that you were able to have a fun date night! Now I'm dying to see that movie- all good actors, that's rare. And! Your picture is so cute! Congrats on being married two years. Hopefully, we'll get to talk to you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww, your best friend. I love that sentence. You are too cute! Happy anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hooray! so you did top it! :) congrats on another year! happy anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary! I can't wait to read about next year's!

    ReplyDelete