8.20.2011

You're going to do what?!?

Last Thursday, Norm woke up less than thrilled to walk upstairs and start his normal day of studying. After breakfast he turned to me and said, "Lets do something fun today." I, of course, thought he meant later in the afternoon, but much to my surprise he was referring to the present! I looked at him surprised and in somewhat disbelief, but happily obliged. For those of you who don't know, Norm has a rigid routine when it comes to studying. No exceptions. What a treat for us (and him). We decided to head over to Assateague Island. A beautiful little beach that is not as overcrowded during the summer months as Ocean City


We arrived and the sunscreen natzi got to work. Do you see the look of anguish on Norm Jr's face?


Then, the boys went right to exploring and building
all ready to go with his new net

horseshoe crab

a little pompano

making memories with dad

Then Norm set off to do what Norm does best...
Fishing...and the little fisherman in training

Norm Jr. acted like he's never seen waves before. For about two hours straight all he did was run into the water, wait for the waves, jump over them, run back out, and rinse and repeat.
running in...
wait for it...
and...
JUMP!
Then he started all over again

While the boys were off playing I was sitting comfortably with my swollen feet in the sand

Overall, we had a great day! I couldn't have asked for a nicer way to spend the few remaining weeks we have as a family of three. 
I think this picture sums up how a certain someone enjoyed the day...

3 comments:

  1. aww that puts a smile on my face seeing you guys having fun and enjoying being a family! I see little Norm catches minnows while big norm fishes haha! did you guys see any horses????? sometimes they are on the beach!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this post makes me sooo happy! what a precious little moment-- yay for memories and remembering what is ALSO important!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is like noone on the beach. It must be a weekday in August.

    ReplyDelete