We started out our trek to Maryland last Saturday (the 6th). We decided even though it was only a 13 1/2 hour trip, that we should break it up into two days of traveling. So we arrived Sunday afternoon around 3ish and ever since we've been loving our time here. Norm started studying Monday morning. His dedication surprises me more and more each day. And Norm Jr. and I have been hanging out with Grandma and Grandpa. We've looked into a few pre-schools and organized sports that he will be starting either one/both towards the end of August. Norm Jr. is exciting and dying to make some new friends!
| This is a view of the back of Norms car with all the seats laid down. |
| Back of my car with a little spot for Norm Jr. My claustrophobia was in full swing during this drive. The drive wasn't too bad but I crossed more bridges than I care to do in a lifetime. |
Norm has found his little study nook. He started off at the county library which is only 2 miles from his Grandparents house, but they don't open 'til 10 and close at 6. Norm wanted an earlier start (surprising) and to be able to study later (not surprising) so for the first time he's becoming an at home studier. He never liked the thought of this but it's actually worked out great. His Grandpa is an amazing artist and has an art studio in there house. Him and Norm cleared out a spot up there and that's where Norm will hunker down for the next 6 weeks of intense studying.
He comes down every day for lunch, takes a break around 5:30 and plays with Norm Jr. and has dinner, then sometimes will go back up until 8ish and back down for bedtime duties. It amazes me that he can spend all day studying and still make time to play with his son. Guess that's why they are best friends :) So if he's not studying he's usually doing something with his little buddy.
I, on the other hand have been taking it quite easy. Grandma has been completely spoiling us and cooking for us every night. We've enjoyed spending our evenings on the deck, listening to the water, feeling the cooler air start to creep in, and sharing stories of older times. It really has been wonderful.


I'm so glad you are having a great time. I've been thinking about you every day this week and just hoping that everything is going well. Yay that it is! I'm so grateful! We need to arrange a skype session soon.
ReplyDeleteOh that is so great you guys made it and have started to adjust to your new home! So crazy how fast time goes- it seems like you guys just left- and now onto the STEP! I am so excited for you guys!
ReplyDeleteWow cass cass! Tell grandma that I am jealous of you guys! I miss them! Take in every moment of sweet gma and gpa love! I will always look back so fondly on the days and months I spent there! I love you all!!! Can't wait to come visit!
ReplyDeletehooray! that is so wonderful! norm will do great on his test. enjoy your time there and keep us updated! :)
ReplyDeleteYea! So excited to hear things are going well. Keep us posted.
ReplyDeletethis brought vietnam flashbacks of J's pre STEP days-- he will do AWESOME - just stay strong! I love Maryland- it's very pretty- so happy that you like it!
ReplyDelete