7.03.2011

Belly shot and sometimes I wonder...

I've already been slacking this go around with baby #2 with documenting my size. I don't know if it was the excitement of newness with Norman but I was taking pictures of my growing belly weekly. This time, I'm lucky if I've gotten four shots up to this point. Shame on me.

I went to the grocery store last night to pick up a little family treat for us. It's definitely summertime here in Michigan which means grilling, spending days outside, pool, popsicles, and my latest favorite, Root-Beer floats. So, as Norms manning the grill I take off to the local grocery store to gather the goods. As I'm checking out, the cashier asks me how far along I am. I at first am happy to know that I am starting to look pregnant and not just fat. I gladly responded, "6 1/2 almost 7 months". She then looks back at me and says, "WOW girl, you big!" (yes, that is verbatim). She then proceeds to call her co-worker over who is also 6 almost 7 months over to compare how much larger I am then she. The cashier says, "Girl you need to be eating and drinking icecream and rootbeer so you can look like that." Ah, thank you very much Kroger cashier for making me feel like the fattest pregnant women to walk the earth. So here I am folks, me and my big pregnant self.

27 weeks along.


10 comments:

  1. People and their common sense skills! Really Cassi you look GOOD! I look like that at 5 months not to mention don't people realize EVERYONE carries their babies differently! You still are one of the cutest prego's I have ever seen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you should not be worrying about your size. I should send you a pic of me at 27 weeks. You would laugh at the thought that you ever thought you were big.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ha ha, I was reading along expecting a really large belly... nope! Just a cute one! You look gorgeous, and you're not nearly as chubby looking in the face and arms as I was.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, if that's what ice cream and rootbeer does, I AM IN. You look friggin' awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seriously, you are so hot!! I love your new hair cut by the way! Those girls are just jealous that you are on the other side of that register! Love ya cass cass bear!

    ReplyDelete
  6. In the words of my favorite, "People... they're the worst!"
    - Jerry Seinfeld

    ReplyDelete
  7. People are so dumb!!! AND BLIND!!!! I cannot believe she said or even thought that! Holy Cow, I'm in shock because it's so NOT true. You are adorable and if I looked even half as cute as you are pregnant, I would have babies every 5 minutes, really!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Okay Cassi, I have seen you in real life (and lived in Saginaw ha ha), and all I have to say is that woman is probably having a crack baby! You look adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Is it wrong that I am laughing! hahhahahahhahhahhaa it is sooo ridiculous!! Some people are so ignorant!! Cassi you are a beautiful pregnant woman! Ans who care show big you are!! In pregnancy, bigness is a good thing!!!!!!!!!!!!! Keep eating your ice cream!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous as ever. Maybe you were having an off day? Just kidding. That's funny though. Wow.

    ReplyDelete