This year for Mother's Day it was nice to be able to celebrate it with my two favorite Norms. Last year Norm was in Dominica and we weren't quite there yet so this year we were able to spend the whole weekend together. Norm has been in full on study mode preparing for his Comp. exam so it was nice that he could take the weekend off to spend with us. We decided to go to a little town called Midland. It's about as interesting as Saginaw from what I saw. lol. But they had a T-Rex exhibit at there childrens museum. And with an almost 4yr. old boy, I was considered the "coolest mom" (his words) for taking him there. Here's a few pictures from our day.
| He was so excited he just kept jumping from one dinasour to the next |
On Sunday we went to church as normal and stayed for a baptism afterwards. Then I was treated like royalty. I was told to go lay down and take a nap. I happily obliged. When I woke I was brought the cutest little bouquet of flowers made especially by my little one.
He's seems to be already taking after his father.
After my nap I sat and watched as much uninterrupted tv as I could take while my boys cooked a delicious dinner. After the little one went to bed my sweet husband surprised me with some of my favorite ice cream from ColdStone which so happens to be oh so conveniently located down the street from our house.
I read my sister in laws blog this morning and was reminded of what a precious gift it is to be a mother. She quotes one my favorite Jeffrey R. Holland by saying ""May I say to mothers collectively, in the name of the Lord, you are magnificent. You are doing terrifically well. The very fact that you have been given such a responsibility is everlasting evidence of the trust of your Father in Heaven has in you. He is blessing you and He will bless you, even -no, especially- when your days and your nights may be the most challenging." This is such a wonderful reminder to all moms out there. We all have days where we feel like we could be doing better or more. But what a blessing it is to know our Father in Heaven has entrusted us with the gift of motherhood. I am so incredibly grateful for all the wonderful mothers in my life who have been examples to me on how to raise my children. Personally, I think I'm a pretty lucky mom. Just look at this cutie :) Life couldn't get any better.
Wow, I almost cried! Norman is growing up so fast! I love how he looks under the magnify glass and ran to every exhibit! You are one lucky lady! I love you guys!
ReplyDeleteHe is so dang cute!!! And what a good little boy. We are happy you guys are here!
ReplyDeletewhat a special weekend!! I miss you guys!
ReplyDelete