2.14.2011

Happy Valentine's Day

Last year for Valentine's Day, Norm was here studying away in his 2nd semester while I was enjoying the finer things in the US finishing out my teaching contract. Amidst all the studying, he somehow remembered to have a dozen beautiful roses delivered to school. I'm not going to lie, I'm a flower girl. I love them. I love the smell.I love leaving them out for a few days for everyone to admire. This year, now that we are both on the island and florists aren't on every street corner, he had to get creative.
Our morning started off normal. All got up and ate breakfast and headed off to school. Norm said he had to go ahead early and take his bike so he could get started on school. So me and my little guy headed off to school in the rain. When I came home I was greeted with an amazing hand-picked bouquet of Dominica's finest flowers. 

Roses 2010

Dominica's beauties
I think I prefer this years. What do you think? Either way, I say I have a sweet husband.

13 comments:

  1. the hand picked flowers are by far my favorite. Happy Valentine's Day Cassi!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, they are so beautiful! I'll say you have a sweet husband.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so perfect! Oh so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I have never seen some of those flowers before, how beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I told you that I wouldn't forget My Valentine!! luv ya babe

    ReplyDelete
  6. ABSOLUTELY beautiful!! I'm a flower girl as well ;o) A+ Norm!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, who arranged those flowers? Beautiful, someone has an eye for it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. so sweet. my favs are the 5-pedaled yellow with pink edges. they smell SO good. :) happy v-day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow!I'm impressed, Norman does pretty good at flower arranging. If the doctor thing doesn't work out, guess he can always be a florist. jk ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nice. Good work, Norman. Happy lovey day.

    ReplyDelete
  11. they're perfect looking and his arrangement is impressive! Love, Ladonna

    ReplyDelete
  12. Both sets of flowers are beautiful, But I love the exotic beauty of Dominica's finest flowers and the work behind getting them. You two are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  13. those flowers are amazing! go norman!!

    ReplyDelete