4.20.2011

Sunshine


It's an understatement to say I miss the sun. We arrived to Michigan on Saturday and I don't think I've seen the sun since. I jokingly was talking to Norm yesterday on the phone and said I already lost my Dominica tan. More than that though, I've started to realize how the weather affects my mood. Most days I have to dig deep for motivation to go outside to even run the slightest of errands. If it weren't for my extremely over active 3yr. old I would probably stay inside all day with my sweatpants on under a blanket.
Now in all seriousness, the highs have been in the 30's. It snowed the first 3 days we were here. The last 2 have just been clowdy and rainy. You're jealous, I know. I just can't wait for my sweet husband to get here. He flies in on Saturday and I've been counting down the days.
Due to popular demand, here are a few pictures of our new digs in good ole Saginaw. Keep in mind, I've done no decorating. These were literally taken the day we walked in the door. I still don't have a hammer or nails yet to hang things up. I'm put that on my to do list tomorrow to get out of the house.



Our front door

The hallway. Bathroom to the left, Norm's room straight ahead and our bedroom to the right.

Norms room/laundry room. Yep thats right folks, long story and a big miscommunication puts my kid in the laundry room :(

our sweet pink bathroom

our room

living room

our little tv

and even smaller kitchen



All in all we love our new little house. I just can't wait to turn in into our home.
 A big thank you must go out to my wonderful parents for taking time off work and volunteering to make the 3 day drive from Florida to Michigan just to help me get adjusted. Couldn't of done it without them.


And my mom snapped this quick shot of me and it's the only one that shows my pregnant self. I am 14weeks along here.


5 comments:

  1. The front door is GORGEOUS. That being said, why is Norm in the laundry room? Can I point out though that you have a dryer AND a dishwasher?!!! YAY!! No more stiff clothes and handwashing dishes. Love your preggo belly pic and you need to do more of those! Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so crazy that in April (you know, when summer's supposed to be starting) you go from an area where it's been 80+ for over a year to winter. I can't even fathom that right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww cass!! I love your belly!!! So adorable! YOur house looks nice and spacious! And I am actually jealous of the snow right now... I guess it's the tennessean in me. We miss you guys! love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  4. cute prego self! sad sad snow and saddest that Norm is in the laundry rm. boo- but it's nicer than Dominica! hooray for that ;) i hope the sun comes out soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look great and so does the apartment. We miss seeing you guys. I'm going to be making a trip up to see you when I can. Doesn't look like we will be able to go to Michigan because Jess had to have taken the step by March 15th. Of course we didn't know that until about a week ago!

    ReplyDelete