So before we went home for break last semester, some of our closest friends here through me a surprise bridal shower party! My friend Ann and I were supposed to going and doing our VT but our friend Jessie said we needed to meet her somewhere else besides her house. At first I though, hmmm thats weird. But if you learn anything about being here, it's that you have to be flexible. So we walked a little further and she led me upstairs to the Glam, which is a little slice of America as far as salons go. It's pretty small and modest, but oh so wonderful when you need a little pick-me-up. Our sweet friend Jessie made this darling little video for me. The wonderful Berg's are now in Miami and were actually able to make it up for the sealing and reception. We were so thankful to have them there. If you have a few minutes, check out this lovely video here Jessie put together for us.
Now that we're in our 4th semester and our time here in Dominica is coming to an end, I started to get a little sentimental about our friends here. This 16 month adventure is such a crazy experience. I'm so thankful for our friends here and we will miss them dearly.
wow that was soo awesome! I didn't know they did this for you! What a surprise and how sweet!!
ReplyDeleteThat is so fun! I am glad you got one! You hold on to those dear friends you have made!
ReplyDeleteYay! It was so fun!
ReplyDeleteOh dear, I am afraid to watch that video- I hate listening to my voice! But it is true, the friendships made on that little island when all you have is each other are priceless, and probably by far the best thing about it. Now come to Michigan!
ReplyDeleteNorm and Cassi. I don't know if Norman remember me but I am Scott Natter's mom. I am so happy for you. What a great blessing to be sealed in the Temple. I love to remember the days when you were a little boy and you and Scott were the bug patrol. Love you Tammie Natter. Check out my blog and get to Scotts. natter-tammie.blogspot.com
ReplyDeleteyour face and expression was priceless when you figured out what was going on! :) glad you had fun. pedicures are always nice though, huh?
ReplyDelete