2.09.2011

10 years

Most you you who know Norm and I, should know that we may not be your "typical" couple. We didn't date for a few years, get married, have a house with a white picket fence, have kids, and have a happily ever after. What we did was date for a really long time, had some ups and downs, had a baby, and then got married. A little backwards some would say. So for a while, our only anniversary was when we started dating. (Now we have many more like our surprise wedding and then our sealing). 
For those of you who don't know how me and Norm started dating, here's a little synopsis. We both went to the same high school. He was a senior, I a freshman. (seriously, what were my parents thinking!) My brother and Norm were in the same grade, and Norms sister and I were in the same grade. Some what of a small town type of feel where every one knew every one. Now think back to the days where AOL instant messenger was HUGE! We starting im-ing eachother and then one night he asked me to be his girlfriend. Super corny right? Who would've thought it would turn into this! 10 years of love.
I'm so thankful for my sweet husband and can't wait to add another 10!
2001

2011


8 comments:

  1. Ya'll are too cute... love the AOL instant messengering story. Happy 10 years to the both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look how cute you guys were! (and are)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys were so cute!! Well, you still are, but it's really fun to see the old pictures. Miss you Cass!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the 2001 pic!
    Blessings on your next 10 yrs together!! I tend to think 2010 and 2011 will be highlighted yrs for your family:)
    Ladonna

    ReplyDelete
  6. hooray! we celebrate all our anniversaries too. it better that way. :) congrats on 10 years. that's crazy long! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. ok this is super sweet... I remember when Norman asked me if I cared if he asked you out.. haha I will never forget those days. So fun.. love you guys!

    ReplyDelete