So we've been living in Dominica with Norm now for about 2 1/2 weeks. We are loving our new Caribbean life! We get to see Norm most days for either lunch or dinner which is nice. Much better than our days skyping on the computer. I have been given the pleasure of taking over Norm's blog. Yay for me! :-) I'm still new to the whole blog world so I will have to re-vamp it a little bit. Any good tips?? For now, here's our journey to Dominica plus a few pictures of how we spend our days.
I haven't quite figured things out yet so the pictures are out of order. Sorry!!

My life for the next year. Don't be jealous. Trust me, I envy most things I took for granted in the States.

My two boys in front of our new house :-)

Enjoying the beautiful beach in Dominica.

Birthday boy and cake for Father's Day. The Beatty's will appreciate this picture. Look at both of their faces. The seriousness of blowing out the candles continues....

We enrolled Norman in the Pre-K down here in Dominica. It's only from 8-12. And it's so cheap that if I don't send him, it's not a big deal. They do arts and crafts, play outside, read books, and most of all he gets to meet new friends and work on his sharing :-)

This particular day at the beach, Norm collected 3 rocks. One for Oliver, Isabella, and one for Aunt Mamer's new baby. He misses his cousins! He later on however, through Oliver in the water for being a bad boy. lol... I promise he really loves him!

This boy was so excited to get on a plane and see his Daddy!!
The picture below is of our lovely hotel room in Puerto Rico. (I have much sarcasm when I talk about our stay) It was me, Norman, and almost 2oolbs of luggage flying from Orlando to Puerto Rico then to Dominica. I got to the ticket counter for our connecting flight and was told that our flight was cancelled due to the pilots going on strike! Of course, just my luck! I was stranded in Puerto Rico and had no idea what to do. I had this marvelous plan to surprise Norm and fly in a day early, so I had to call him and break the news to decide what to do next. We tried to wait it out til the following morning and ended up getting a new flight with American Airlines. (I think Liat is still on strike so all the money it cost us to change our flight was definitely worth it!) All that matters was that we made it there safely. :-)


Getting ready to leave Orlando. If only he could've been this happy all day. :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment