On
Monday we had a Dominican national holiday so I had no lectures and thought that I might go do a little fishing. I studied in the mourning until around 1pm and we went out around 3pm. Albert was the local who took us out in his 18' foot wooden boat. What an experience. When we got to the north end of the island where the Atlantic meets the
Caribbean the water got rough. I mean to tell you that we were launching the boat over waves when a huge swell came. He assured us that this is not that rough but yeah we made it back alive! We mainly trolled the north end of the island called the "shoe" where he catches most of his fish. We ended up bringing in two fish.
Bj reeled in a descent sized
mackerel and I caught a black fin tuna. For a ten pound fish that thing was fighting good.
We really wanted to go early morning but Albert had some boat tours he already committed to so we decided to go in the afternoon anyways just to get our feet wet. I wish I could have taken some
pictures of the north end of the island because it was spectacular. Ten story high cliffs with jungle growing over the edge. It looked like T-Rex was going to poke his head out of the forest. It was just too rough up there and I would have for surely lost another digital camera which I didn't want to do. All the pictures that I took are on the
Caribbean side. When we got to our trolling destination I was in the front of he boat and held onto this rope. When we went
airborne it was like riding a bull....lol....I was praying a lot!
So the experience was cool and I will
definitely be going again but just in the morning when the conditions are just right. Hope everything is going well back in the states....c-ya guys





mmmmm that tuna was delicious! I fired it with some seasonings and it was flame. The whole gang ate nice last night. Where you at boot your missing out! Better hurry that
PASSSSPORT...
lol
Trust me I wish I was there!!! Only 3 more weeks! Norman wanted me to tell you his PASSSSPPPOOOORRRTTT is in the mail!!!
ReplyDeleteyes!
ReplyDeleteWe love you too! Sounds great Norm! A little scary, but great! I know you are loving the island life style and you deserve to enjoy it after all that studying! I hope you keep your head up. Love you! Amber
ReplyDeleteWow that fish looks good!
ReplyDelete