7.10.2010

Best Day in Dominica!

So Norm took his 2nd mini on Monday. So that meant we were able to enjoy his company for the whole day! We rarely get to do things on the island with him since he is always studying so we took full advantage of our day. We decided to explore the beautiful rain forest right near our house. It has great trails and an awesomely cold river you can swim in. Here are some pictures of our day!

He was so excited to go fishing with his Daddy :-)


It's really hard to put into words just how beautiful it is. The camera doesn't do it proper justice.

I love being able to see these two together having fun.

The trunks on these trees were gi-normous!!

Almost stepped on this little guy hiding under a rock.

The river flowing downstream. It was so relaxing but loud at the same time. I could've stayed there forever!

The two little brave souls who decided to go in first.

King of the rocks


After much splashing, I decided to take the plunge and get it. I'm so excited I did. It felt sooooo incredible good. I can honestly say, that may be the only time I'll ever feel goose bumps in Dominica!

We decided to end the day by visiting this little ice cream place we've heard about. They sell Haagen Dazs ice cream. A little piece of America to celebrate Norms test. I tried taking a picture but Norm made fun of me for looking like a tourist :-)

The week after the mini Norm is so much more relaxed. I think he's actually been home every night for dinner which is a rare occurrence. I would love it if he had a mini every other week or so, but I'm sure he would very much argue that point.

1 comment: