1.03.2010

Transition accomplished!

OK sorry guys I have not been on in a couple of days to update my blog :(

I have been busy around here getting situated and have also unfortunately broke my digital camera! which sucks

I feel like I already know this place now and have come accustomed to living here. YES!

Yesterday I went to a national park to hike through the rain forest to these water falls. What a awesome experience! The rain forest if like Florida on steroids! The highlight of the hike was seeing a lot of unique birds and parrots.

Today I went to church for the first time....it was great. We are missing several families who are not on the island right now but when they get here we will have like 50 plus members. What a day filled with the spirit. Since it was the first Sunday of the month it was fast & testimony meeting and the spirit was so strong I was holding back the tears. It really doesn't matter where you are in the world the spirit can touch you anywhere. The local members are very inspirational to me. They seem to be very humble and I feel great knowing that I have the support of the church here.

Tonight I went to the Cook's house for dinner and sister Cook made a fantastic meal. What a great couple. Brother Cook is my branch president and is a pretty cool guy. He let me in on some things that I needed to know over here as well as some things I could look forward to for my first semester. He also gave me a telephone that I just needed to add minutes to so that was much appreciated. Thank you guys for everything!

So I am going to get some rest now and I have orientation starting tomorrow. I should have my digital camera coming to me in like a week but until then I will not have any pictures to upload. Ill make up for it when the camera gets here! C-ya

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you got situated and have the support of the church as well. How great is it to know that no matter what, Heavenly Father has it so organized that you will never be without the love and support of the church and its members, if you seek it! I love you Norm! I am so proud of you!! Amz

    ReplyDelete