is crazy.
Non-stop. Busy. Never enough hours in the day.
I've been back to work teaching for about a month now and I still feel like I can't hang. Norm's finishing up his last rotation in Miami during the week and makes the 3 hour drive home for the weekends. The weekends that seem so short and never long enough.
Between the late night feedings still with Luke and early mornings to get things ready for the day, I'm lucky if I get 5 hours of sleep. I've learned how to live my life as a walking zombie. And rely heavily on caffeine.
I spend what feels like a chunk of my day attached to a machine. I'm basically the milkmaid.
Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays are spent rushing out the door for football practice and returning home with dirty hands and faces and whiny kids who need baths, dinner, and story time.
I constantly feel like I'm being pushed and pulled in different directions and never know which way is up. I tell myself just keep swimming, just keep swimming.
Norman is in 1st grade and is loving his new school. He also started flag football and has so much fun. Being back for him is everything I dreamed it would be.
Claire is fun. Almost 2. She's talking a ton and will go on for days. She's currently obsessed with chickens.
Luke is 4 months with 2 teeth. We've had many a sleepless nights but this boy sure has my heart. He really is the sweetest around.
At times this life that I'm living seems so overwhelming I don't know how I stay afloat. Then I read this and realize that at the end of the day I'm a mom. And that's enough for me. I feel fulfilled. A purpose. My purpose.

Man your life mirrors mine so closely except I'm not even teaching and I feel overwhelmed!! I taught while Shane was a babe and it is overwhelming pumping and running on little sleep and being on all day then I can imagine even harder to come home and have energy for your big kids. Give yourself a big pat on the back and know that you are awesome.
ReplyDelete