At times I have questioned whether being here in New York with Norm is worth if. Financially it's much more stressful to be living in one of the most expensive cities in America with a growing family on one measly student loan budget that never seems to stretch far enough. I often think that life would be easier surrounded by family, better schools for Norm Jr, and the opportunity for a job is much greater for me in Florida.
But then I find things like this is Normans backpack from school and I have no doubt in my mind this is where we are supposed to be. Here in NY together as a family. These two are best friends. Even though some days they may only share a short conversation together over their morning oatmeal, I know it's still better than the alternative.
So for now, we are poor. Like back to beginning college years poor when it was kind of fun to be out on your own poor but now 6 years later it's becoming to be a bit much with 2 and a half kids later. But we have everything we need here and that's each other and that makes it all that much more bearable.

That is the sweetest post. It's a difficult road, that's for sure. But it's so nice to be together. You are my hero, Cassi!
ReplyDeleteI agree with Paige! My hero! You are such a strong and loving mother and wife!
ReplyDeleteTotally needed to read this today! Such a sweet post!
ReplyDeleteTotally needed to read this today! Such a sweet post!
ReplyDeleteTotally needed to read this today! Such a sweet post!
ReplyDelete