10.12.2012

Our little girl not so little

One year ago we were blessed to greet this sweet little girl into our family.
She was so perfect then and has only gotten better.

We celebrated her birthday with Norm coming home early and making a fabulous dinner. Then we let Claire indulge in her very own cupcake. Here's how it went down...
At first she was quite intrigued.

Then she would only stare and poke...but that didn't last long.

The in classic Claire fashion she dove right in. One handed and all.
We will have a much bigger celebration with all our family in Florida in just a two weeks. We are all excited we can barely contain ourselves!

Later that night when I put Claire to sleep I couldn't help myself and got a little emotional. Although very feisty at times, she really is the sweetest little girl.
She gives the best open mouth kisses when you ask her for a "kiss love". 
Sometimes, if I'm sitting on the couch, she'll just come and give me a kiss. Without asking.
She is very curious. Her curiosity tends to get her into trouble though.
She's obsessed with her brother. Anything he does, she wants to do. That must explain the walking at 9 months.
He now will greet her every morning with "Hello beautiful one year old girl!"
She loves to be in the bathroom. No one can ever potty alone. 
Every door that she walks into she feels like it needs to be closed behind her.
It's not uncommon to walk into our house and find condiments from our fridge strung throughout from Claire.
When she doesn't get her way she makes this high pitched squealing noise. Norm says she sounds like a pterodactyl. 
She loves to read books with daddy. Only daddy. She walks up to him carrying the book and just stares until he picks her up.
She loves anything that plays music and will sway back and forth to any tune.
She thankfully still takes two naps. One morning and one afternoon. Although the afternoon one is a little tricky now that we have to pick Norman up from school. 
Sleeping through the night is a different story. For the most part she'll sleep from 9-7:30. Every once in a while she likes to keep me on my toes and will be up in the middle of the night for about 3 hours at a time. Yes my friends, wide awake for 3 hours. The next day I count down the minutes til nap time.
She has 7 teeth! 4 on top, 3 on bottom.
She weighs 26lbs (97th percentile) and 30in long (77th percentile). Your doctor may or may not have called you "obese". I may or may not of just ignored her comment and gave her a dirty look.
With Norman I followed all the rules with him as a baby. With Claire, I seem to break them all and she's doing just fine.
She can say mama, dada, and poop. Classic. Other than that she mumbles a lot.
6 months ago we would think, "Claire is going to be a handful." Norman was just an easy baby and Claire has been a little different to put it nicely. But she really has turned into such a good baby the last few months. We feel extremely blessed to have this little girl as a part of our family. She brings so much fun and laughter with her feisty personality I couldn't imagine it any other way. 
Happy birthday Claire bear, we love you.

4 comments:

  1. I think we have had a similar experience with both of our second (and first) children! She is such a cutie, and I would see a different doctor, I don't think there is such a thing as an obese one year old, just a healthy one:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy birthday claire! she and lullaby both are in the "healthy" club... :) i love that she actually ate her cake. Perfect first birthday pics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a little doll baby- the last pic is my fav- her delighted eyes peeking out- so cute!

    ReplyDelete