7.05.2012

I have good reasons to be away

I realized it's been quite too long since I posted and even missed my video Monday that I was trying so hard to keep up. All with good reason of course. My little sister came to visit us this last week and we were busy living it up in the big city. I was quickly reminded just how old I've really become and that the "city life" with two kids just ain't for me (unless I plan to be heavily medicated daily).
To  not overwhelm you with the bazillion pictures I have on my camera from her trip, I thought I would highlight just a few (which seems to still be one too many).

We started off her trip with a relaxing day at the beach 

Took the subway for the first time (that excitement wore off fast)

Made her stand in front of buildings and take pictures and totally look like tourists

Checked out some beautiful churches

Ate at a New York deli

Did more tourist-y type things like the Empire State building


Explored around the largest Toy-r-us and went for a twirl on the ferris wheel

We got to walk around Times Square and we even spotted the naked cowboy singing for all the fans

We biked around beautiful Central Park and visited the zoo



We visited our favorite park on the boardwalk on the 4th and watched Norman run around in the water

Then later that day we sadly took Sammi to the airport. 

We were all sad to see her go. She was such a big help to me with the kids. It made us realize how much we miss living near our families! One day Florida, we'll be back.

But after a week of frolicking around and being the tour guide we were all ready for bed last night by 9. We didn't even watch the fireworks. Sad but true. Norm Jr. woke up this morning and asked, "Mommy can we just please stay home all day today and not go anywhere." Absolutely little boy. So we've done a lot of lounging today and it's been much needed.

Anyone else want to visit?! We love visitors and I can't wait to explore more of New York!

6 comments:

  1. I love it Cass cass! I am SO glad you got to spend time with your sis. You totally deserve it. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun!!!! You have to get to know the city for when we come!!!! Haha im so glad sammi got to come visit you guys!!! I bet norman and claire loved having someone visit!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh and terry stared at the picture of norman for a few minutes and could not believe it was his nephew! He is too big!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun! It looks like y'all had a great time. I love the first pic of Claire Bear's windblown hair, precious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Clare's little suit is SO adorable, as is she. I love what Norm said about staying home, he is so funny. I think we are planning on going to graduation next year...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Norm looks so big! He's getting older, of course he is. I love looking at all the pictures and reading about your fun adventures! I wish so badly we could fly over there and hang out for a couple days!

    ReplyDelete