6.19.2012

8 months and then some


My dearest little Claire bear,
You went to the doctors today for the first time in 6 months. That's right. Your a newborn and haven't been to the doctors since you were 2 months old. You can thank the 2 moves and wonderful government insurance for that one. But who needs a real doctor, when your dad's a medical student right? That's what I kept telling myself anyway.
Thankfully, you're all good my dear. You are growing along quite well. In fact, too well. The doctor informed us that she thought you might "break the scale" when she went to weigh you. You were 7lbs. 5 oz. at birth. By the time you are 1 you are supposed to triple your birth weight. Well, you done tripled and then some. At 8 months you weigh 23lbs. It's all relative since you are 28inches long. She didn't seem concerned.
Have I mentioned lately you are into everything? Like, everything. You can't be left alone in a room for a second. Nothing is off to limits to your mouth. Everything goes in if you had the choice. We haven't found any food that you'll turn down. Obviously. Look at you.
You love to chew on your books. Not much listening and looking going on.
You love trying to sneak into your brothers room. This makes for a not so happy num num. The whole while you just look up and smile knowing your mischief.
You started crawling about a month ago, and about 2 weeks ago you decided you were done with that and wanted to learn how to walk. You can cruise from the couch to the chair, to the table, to the fridge, to the sink which is where you usually reach me. You stand there with me holding onto my leg babbling away. Happy with your latest accomplishment.
You're feisty. I often describe Norman as an easy baby and that you are giving us a run for our money. You are very vocal when you are not happy. Very, very vocal.
Thankfully for me though I can still count on  your to take two good naps during the day. And you sleep the night away usually waking between 7 and 8. And each morning you stand up in your crib and scream dada and demand to be taken out. Since we share a room this happens sooner rather than later.
You have 4 teeth. 2 on top that just poked through and 2 on the bottom. You've started to grind your teeth and it makes me cringe.
You are finally into playing peek-a-boo. It's a sure thing to get you to laugh.
You notice very quickly when I leave the room now and prefer to be held by me and only me most all of the time.
You hate to wear anything on your head. So I put it on you and take it all in while it lasts.I always envisioned having a sweet little gal and putting bows and sweet little headbands on you. Scratch that idea. I guess it's saved me some money in that department right?
You devour 4 6oz bottle during the day. You would have more if I let you. You also eat a hearty breakfast, lunch, and dinner now consisting of fruits and veggies. 
You like to wave and  clap for all your admirers.
You like to be sung to. I think this love began when Grandma from Maryland would sing to you to calm you down. It must've stuck because you love it. Each night before I lay you down for bed I sing "you are my sunshine" and give you a little kiss and lay you down. You look so sweet and peaceful as you settle down for sleep. Some nights I just sit and stare and think about how thankful I am to you have you as a part of our family.

2 comments:

  1. I laughed right out loud at the "we haven't found a food you'll turn down" part. Oh, this is the sweetest post. She is really the cutest baby ever, so precious. I'm still sad I haven't met her, but I'm loving every post and picture. What a fun sweet baby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so honest and sweet! You will not regret keeping these memories later! Good example cass cass bear!

    ReplyDelete