1.13.2012

Playing catch up

It seems as if the last two week have been somewhat of a blur and the blog has been neglected. I blame that on our trip to New Jersey and my multiple breakdowns since then. So here's a shot in quite a lengthy post to play catch up.

We ended our Christmas festivities with a nice dinner out with my wonderful family who made the trip to Maryland this year.
Norm and I celebrated one year of eternal bliss. We spent the day by packing, me getting my hair done, and Norm cooking dinner and even splurging on dessert.
This little lady had her first bites of cereal. As you can tell she was quite fond of it.

All the while her biggest fan watched on :)
Norm once again had to say goodbye to his sweet friend Joey. This was probably the hardest good bye to date. Shortly after this picture was taken we sat outside the school bench and both had a good cry about leaving. He's such a sensitive boy and this moving around is really taking a toll on him.
And in a blink of an eye the little "chunkster" as Normie likes to call her turned three months! It seems like just yesterday I was toting her home from the hospital.
And then the move...
I really didn't think we could fill a 16' moving truck but we sure did.
He loved riding in the big truck with daddy
The living room filled with stuff
 
The kitchen with more and more....This isn't even showing the things in the two bedrooms. A little overwhelming ya think??
Maybe this picture will give you a little more insight on where we're living. Anyone want to translate for me?
So here we are. Living in New Brunswick New Jersey. I made a promise to my husband that I would stop saying I hate it here. So instead, I will say, I'm learning to deal with it and counting down the days til we leave. I've had one to many meltdowns in the short 5 days we've been here to last a lifetime.
Norm started his second core rotation, Internal Medicine at a hospital about 20mins away. He leaves the house at 7 and returns around 5:30. He's really enjoying all the hands on learning that he's getting.
Normie pooh and Claire bear get  to hang out with yours truly during the day. I think know Norms already bored with me. We are more than thrilled when daddy comes home.
We'll be here for 12 weeks then make our move to Long Island where Norm will complete his OBGYN and Psych rotation. Then my life once again, is in the hands of Ross University. Scary thought.

8 comments:

  1. Cassi! I can't stop looking at the picture of your baby and smiling from ear to ear. She is absolutely the cutest thing I have EVER seen. I want her! Now! Let me hold her and take care of her for a day! I wish I could. Oh Norm, I feel so bad about him having to move from place to place. And YOU having to move from place to place! I'm so sorry, it looks and sounds like it has been such a nightmare. I can only imagine. I had a dream the other night that we were skyping and it was so fun. So, let's do it! And P.S. you are so skinny! Do you love not having a baby in there? You just look amazing. Can't wait to talk to you tonight, or tomorrow! Your Skype is working, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. come to georgia!! all your moving days will be over, and you'll have pretty good company... :) just saying. and there is nothing wrong with a countdown. i love where we are living but not liking the LONG hours for obgyn, so i have a countdown too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cassi!! We just moved to Saginaw and I think are only going to be here for the semester...we only brought our clothes, so we enjoy dinner on the tiny kitchen floor and use our pillows for some sort of "couch"! haha. Your family is so cute. We're thinking of you guys and hope all is well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the chunkster. She reminds me of Caleb. Love it. What a funny picture. Hopefully Ross puts you in Saginaw michigan.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm pretty sure the sign on the door says either "please take all bodies to the side of the road for removal" or "grilled cheese factory coming soon".

    ReplyDelete
  6. You ARE so skinny! Why haven't you told me about your rockin body over the phone!! I am jealous! Well... The inside of the house looks nice! I can't wait to hear/see more! We miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  7. As well as Jesse tried to translate the paper, it says "When you leave lock the door." I am guessing the multiple gang fights that happen in the "barrio" have caused many to be scared, or it means that if you don't lock the door that the Mexicans have every right to go through your stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm sorry Cassi you are a trooper. Just think of all the stories you will have in your arsenal! I think when you are finished with cores you should come do all your electives here. We miss you guys and I would love to see that little chunkster. Chubby babies are the cutest!

    ReplyDelete