11.08.2011

An Update and our 1 babe is 1 month!

I remember when I was living on the island the days seemed to go by so slowly but when you looked back you realized a month flew by! 
As yesterday marked 4 weeks since our precious little girl was born, I couldn't help but feel those same sentiments again. Maybe it's the sleep deprivation or the fact that our days seem so mundane lately, but our day to day seems to lag, but thinking that 4 weeks ago I was in the hospital welcoming our new sweet addition seems crazy to me.
I love your slow growing cheeks. I could kiss them all day
Claire Marie:
You are growing so quickly weighing in at 10lbs
You are very predictable. Every 3 hours you are wanting to be fed again 
If you have the slightest bit of pee in your diaper you demand it to be changed
You sound like a pig. You snort more than you cry
You've chosen to only have major poop blow outs at church in your cutest of outfits
You are the sweetest little snuggler and loved to be held on someones chest
You're head is getting stronger each day and you are loving to look around
You only believe in spitting up, not burping
You have blessed our lives more in this past month than ever imaginable

I can't talk about Claire without talking about her biggest fan.
Norman loves to be a big brother. He helps us with anything we ask him do. 
He calls Claire his sweetie and always want to hold her.
Lately, Norman is enjoying preschool. He's learning so much each day. He can officially write his name, first and last and he's working on his numbers. 
He's four which means he asks questions about everything. Anything that is told to him is reciprocated with a "WHY" response which makes for some interesting conversation
He is the sweetest little boy and we love him so much


Norm is patiently awaiting Ross Clinical Department to contact him. He's turned in all necessary paperwork almost 3 weeks ago and we've still heard nothing! Up to this point we have bit our tongue numerous times and haven't yet complained about Ross. But we are anxiously waiting for them to let us know what our next move is. Norm is supposed to be starting his rotations before November 28th so he doesn't go into what they call "Temporary Withdrawn status". So as of today that would leave us 20 days to hear of our new location, find a new place to leave, and move a family of four somewhere in the country. Sounds fun huh?

And as for me, well my life is pretty bland. I usually walk around in a zombie like state, usually with a babe attached to me and am fragranced with some sort of baby spit up. I'm lucky if most days I make my bed or for that matter get dressed, put make up on, and look like a normal citizen. I haven't plucked my eyebrows in weeks and my toes are in desperate need of a good polish change. But, I couldn't be happier.

7 comments:

  1. She is SO precious! I want to hold her in the worst way! I'm so glad you are enjoying this sweet time. We really miss you guys. I went to a play the other night with my parents and their friends. I had two empty seats on either side of me because my sister was sick. My mom said, "why don't you call one of your friends to come to the play?" And I looked in my phone and realized, I don't even have any friends! I wish we could hang out! I just need my husband back more than anything. Well, we're sure thinking about you and hoping you find out where you're going soon. I feel your anxiety. I wish I could see into the future SO BAD. I so wish we could be there to help you pack up and move, but mostly to help take care of the sweet Claire. :) What is your address for the moment?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Claire is such a doll! I love those sweet cheeks of hers! And I hope you hear back from Ross soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh what a sweetie!!! She looks like little Norm, do you think? And yes, waiting on Ross can be frustrating. It shouldn't take that long though, don't they say 7-10 business days? I would maybe have Norm call and try to push things a little, sometimes that is unfortunately the only way to get things done. Maybe they're just waiting to tell you you can come back here!!! I hope so!

    ReplyDelete
  4. And you couldn't be more beautiful. Even with plucked eyebrows.

    ReplyDelete
  5. yeah, i would have norm call. paul had to do that too. good luck and i hope you get in where you want to go, find an amazing place to live, and make the trip quickly without any hiccups. :)

    and your new baby is so sweet, i love all her dark hair! what a doll.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cassi you are so cute. I love reading about you and your family. We miss you on the island. We had a morning at the pool and couldn't help but think of the days when your whole clan would come! :) Claire is so cute and sounds like the typical start of a newborn life! I hope you get more and more sleep :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. She is adorable! Look at that hair! her hair reminds me of sweet oliver as a babe! We are awaiting the news of the move too! I miss you guys! Hopefully we'll see ya soon!

    ReplyDelete