1.19.2011

My two Norms

We have been back in Dominica now for almost two weeks. Days seem to go so slow, but month to month seems to fly by, if that makes sense. Norman reminded me yesterday sarcastically, "Only 14 more weeks left!" Woohoo!!
On our way to lunch the other day Norm Jr. said to me, "I love living in Dominica Mommy!". I started to think that for him, this is his home. He has friends here, school here, and most importantly, we are all here together as a family. Some days when I get frustrated with the day to day tasks that seem impossible here, I need to remind myself that it's not about me. Our son loves it here and that's what's important.
For FHE we talked about things we wanted to be when we grew up. His response was a doctor like his daddy. I asked him why and he said, "So I can help people and look at there bodies". I think he has a pretty good grasp on this doctor thing.
So here and my two Norms, one big and one little, both going to school to become doctors.

9 comments:

  1. Love this! What a sweet little boy you have!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay this post for some reason totally made me cry. Seriously I'm bawling right now. Little Norm is so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your updates! I will update my blog when you come here to feed baby Calvin, get done the daily chores and grade for my 3 classes;) Maybe someday

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute post, I love that picture!! Yes, there are definitely things that are hard about it and things you will appreciate in the states, but I have definitely had my moments where I'm hanging pictures of us in Dominica or showing them to Shane and I start to get all emotional and so grateful we had the chance to live there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. seriously, I have tears in my eyes... Norman has such smart parents and you are great examples to him! He is going to grow up to be an awesome man! So sweet!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. AHH!!! I finally added your blog to my list! I'm so excited, now I can see when you update all the time! I love this picture. So darling. What a sweet, tender post.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww. Hearts and flowers. Very sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  8. it really is so true- the island for little kids is the BEST place to be ;) such a cute pic too.

    ReplyDelete