I was walking home from school at around 6pm and saw my barrel in the back of a truck in front of the place that picks them up. My wife shipped a barrel from home full of things that just cost to much here. Food, cooking items, fan, school supplies, clothes....stuff like that. I was so excited because I was not expecting it until Friday. I instantly went over there to claim it.
I owe all this joy to my wonderful wife! She had such a hard time getting this barrel to me and I am so thankful for her. You are great my love! Love ya Boot
The total price to pick it up with delivery was around 163$ EC....which is nearly 63$ USD. I believe that since my barrel was stuffed so tightly the customs authority did not really look it over to thoroughly. Most students pay alot more to ship all the item that I received. I most excited about the fan I have been waiting for. Since I have arrived here I have not ran the A/C. It literally costs around 10-12 EC a day to run it and I just cannot pay that much. So you can imagine how muggy it can get in the room with not circulation. The fans here run around 200EC for a good one. The more students want an item the higher they will jump up the price....pretty much supply and demand economics.
So as you can see from my pictures I now have all the essentials that I need to survive. I can now cook my own food and pretty much will not have to spend anymore money except on rent and electricity.
Look at all those books! I have all the necessary ones and a few recommened. The amount of material they cover a day is no joke. I have to put in a good 8-10 hrs a day to stay ahead. I am up for it but I can see how people just wipe themselves out. I try to study for 4-5 hours and then go workout to rest my mind then maybe eat some food to replenish my energy reserve. Then ill go another 4-5 hours. This schedule is one that many students here go by and it starts at 8am. This way I can maybe get to bed by 10-10:30 and get a full nights rest.
Well since I have a new camera I will take a bunch of pictures of the campus and the island especially my lobster trap that I need to check! C-ya guys!
woohoooo! So glad that it arrived safe & early! Love ya...mom
ReplyDeleteYour wife IS so awesome!! Some may say that she is an angel!!
ReplyDeletehaha amz! I am so happy for you Norm!!!! I cannot wait to see the lobsters.. i am so jealous!!!
ReplyDeleteyay! congrats :) I will have to get barrel details from you later :) I might want to pack one when I go home!
ReplyDeleteI don't envy your schedule. There's no way I'd be able to study for 10 hours a day.
ReplyDelete