His birthday came faster than expected.
I'll admit, at times I have to ask other members of my family when exactly Luke's birthday is.
It's 5-6-14. For some reason I always think it's the 4th! (Even writing this I'm checking the calendar)
I blame it on my crazy life right now.
The weekend before we had a going out party for Norms youngest sister Abby who left to serve a 18month mission in Boston, Massachusetts.
Followed by Mother's Day which was spent with two woman who I am lucky to have in my life to teach me how to be just as amazing as they are.
Then Monday, then finally Lukie's birthday on Tuesday.
We started off with a ceremonial first year birthday hair cut. A little before and after pictures.
I still can't get over the change. The next day I came home from work and usually rush upstairs to greet Luke who is just waking up from his nap, and barely recognized him! He went from baby to big boy over night!
He also loved the traditional "eat-your-heart-out-birthday-cake-til-you-throw-up".
He loved it!
A few things about Luke at this age:
He's a cruisin'- not officially walking but will take a few steps
Eats all real food-no more baby stuff
Gives big drooly open mouth kisses
Shakes his head side to side when you put music on
Love the youtube channel super simple songs-particularly "twinkle twinkle little star". Put it on at anytime and Luke will be ecstatic
When Norm asks him "What do you see Lukie" he immediately points his finger to the sky
Obsessed with a birthday present of a new toy car- boys will be boys
Still wakes up during the night to eat! Seriously, I need to figure this one out. Sometimes, I honeslty don't mind because it's usually the only one-on-one time I get with him
Has multiple nicknames- Lukers, Lukie, Zabookie, Wookers (according to Claire) and she'll quickly correct you as well
Sleeps in a crib in our room
Naps twice a day
Every single night I put him to bed, he rests his head perfectly on my shoulder and I sing to him "You are my sunshine"
I love this sweet little boy more than I could've ever imagined. He has the sweetest little disposition about himself and has been the perfect addition to our family. At times I feel a little bit of mommy guilt since I have to work during this first year of his life. I hope he knows how much I love him. How I look through pictures all day at work thinking about him. How I can not wait for when we move to Arizona and I get to spend all day every day with him.
I love you Lukie! What a fun year it's been!




My favorite part of this post is when you write 5-6-14, as if he was born last month, right after you say you have a hard time remembering his birthday. Love you silly girl. Happy Birthday Luke! Wish I was close enough to celebrate with you.
ReplyDeleteMy favorite part of this post is when you write his birthday 5-6-14, as if he were born last month, right after you say you have a hard time keeping his birthday straight. Love you silly girl. Wish I was close enough to celebrate with you.
ReplyDeleteYou are one good momma to this One year old! Love him! love you!
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete