2.24.2014

I love to see the temple

The other night we were able to sneak away to the temple. 
I always love the feeling I get pulling onto the temple grounds. The well manicured lawns and the way the weather always seems to be so dreamy (you gotta love Florida in February) remind me of how I need to try harder to make the temple a priority. 
We went with the intention of creating our rank list. Match day is fast approaching and the deadline for submitting her list was right around the corner. 
We feel good about our decision and are actually just grateful that we are at this point in this journey. 
From the start Norm's always said, "I just want to be given the chance to be a good doctor." 
He's worked incredibly hard and we are all so proud of him.
The 16 interviews nearly killed me, but we are thankful for each and every one of them because it means we are that much closer to our future. 
A lot of people have asked what's on our list. Here it is:
  • University of Texas Medical Branch-Galveston, Texas
  • Virginia Tech- Roanoke, Virginia
  • University of Arizona-Tuscon, Arizona
  • University of Florida-Jacksonville, Florida
  • ORMC- Orlando, Florida
  • University of Miami-Palm Beach, Florida  
I'm not gonna lie, the rest I forget (gimme a break, 16 of them!). Statistically, Norm has a 77% chance of matching at one of the top three. He applied for all of them in the area of Internal Medicine with the hopes to also do a fellowship in Gastroenterology or Infectious Disease following his three year residency. Each program has it's perks. 
March 21st can not come soon enough!

2 comments: