3.22.2011

The things he says...

With Norman almost turning 4 it sometimes amazes me how much he understands and how much he picks up through daily conversations. In the same breath though, it also makes me a little sad to think the he is almost 4. He no longer needs me to help get him dressed or undressed, he likes to try and tie his own shoes, when I went to hold his hand he reminds me that he's a big boy now. Sad to think. My little baby is growing oh so quickly right before my eyes. I was reading my friend Chelsea's blog who wrote a very similar post about her daughter Tate and it got me thinking. I always thought I would have children close together in age, but things obviously didn't turn out the way I planned. But I'm so thankful for this time I've had to spend only with Norman. He will be 4 and 1/2 when our next little one arrives and I'm grateful that for those 4 years it was only me and him. Day after day I got to soak up every little second of my favorite guy. Here's a few things that he's said lately that either get me laughing each time or wondering, "where did he hear that?"


Mommy, we don't litter
That's right littering is bad for the earth.
If we litter the earth will fall and all the animals and people will die.
OH really.
Yeah, but don't worry, it will come back up and we will live with Jesus.
You don't call boys sweetie, you can call me Mister.


When I turn 16, I want a yellow car with shiny wheels.


Only boys like cold water. Only boys like going to the river with their dad. Not girls. Not girls like you Mommy.


You can play rough with boys. But not with girls. They are angels from Heavenly Father.


When we go to America I will bring my blue bicycle back to Dominica and ride it to school like Daddy.


My mommy has a baby in her belly. Does your mom?


Don't be bad like Satan Mommy. You need to repent.


Remember, we go poop everyday.


I'm going to miss these flowers when we leave Dominica.


I love you more than Daddy does, that's why I'm your favorite.


My sweet little boy. I'm such a lucky mom.

8 comments:

  1. Don't be bad like satan mommy. hehehe silly boy!! I love that he loves you more than daddy does too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh sweet Norm. I love him. Lucy talks about coming back here like it wouldn't be any big deal too. And I love how he thinks girls are angels. You are so good to document these things! Priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's true, we are lucky we've had 4 years with our first's just to ourself! Cute Norm... I miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. awwww... he loves you more than daddy does.. :) sweet boy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ok seriously me and abby were cracking up when we read this! Ok, hm i wonder where he heard the angel statement.. maybe from papa hahhahha his mother IS an angel!!! haha he is so adorable and we can't wait to see him!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a little cutie!! And the smile in that picture to match. Excited to see you guys again!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable, or course. I can tell both he and his daddy love you - I love to see him bring you a flower every time they come back into sacrament meeting. He is being well-trained.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I remeber readin this when it came out! So cute!!! I love him...and you too

    ReplyDelete