3.30.2011

Jungle Cows at it again!

So each semester Ross has an intramural "flag" football team. Norm started last semester with hopes to get Norm Jr. super excited about sports and most importantly seeing his daddy out there playing. After Jungle Cows success last year, he decided to do it again. This year they did it big. The team all got matching jerseys and headdbands. Norm pass his down to the little one and he couldn't have been  more excited. So each week, my little beetle and me headed down to the football field to watch daddy play. Norm Jr. more excited than ever. The Jungle Cows had another great run and made it to the playoffs. This year there was an ever so cocky team called the "Merpers". They were a first semester team who had all sorts of confidence and it just made them seem nasty. I mean, this is just supposed to be for fun right? This is just flag football right? This is for like an hour study break during the week right? Well maybe thats how it started off. But it turned into nights of coming up with offensive and defensive plays and going to the other teams games to scope out the competition. Laughable, I know. Here's some shots of my man in action at the games.
interception!



the competition

our good friend BJ with an interception.

these stinking gutters. I hate them. the week before norm ran right the gutter and broke and took down some of the plants.

interception #2 he's sort of a big deal  :)


And of course the best player of all time goes to....
#39 (just like his dad) Beetle. The guys were always so sweet and would let him go out before the game started and let him run around and throw the ball.


So they won and were victorious for the 2nd time!



Since the team is so proud of themselves they decided to make a shirt documenting there two time championship status. Norm was happy to draw up a little sketch for the shirts and I think it came out great!
Norm's mother, the art teacher, should be proud. I dont know if you can see it but they even included little Norm's name on the back of the shirt. So cute.

The saddest part about leaving this island is all these memories we are making here. Whenever these two are together, they are inseparable. Norm Jr. tells me, "I don't just love daddy, he's my best friend."

And I wouldn't have it any other way.

5 comments:

  1. That might be the friggin' sweetest post ever. And Norm is obviously a big deal. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the pics of Norm on daddy's shoulders, especially the one from the back where you can see the matching shirts. So precious! We will miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go Jungle Cows! It was so fun getting to watch them play this semester! What a fun time. I love that they put Little Norm's name on the Champions shirt. Such a cute post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. go norm!!!!! I love the pic on the shoulders!! FRAME IT!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totaaly almost teared up and I'm not prego like you cass!!! I love it! so lad youi have a blog!

    ReplyDelete