10.05.2010

Dare I say it?!?

Lately, here in Dominica the nights have been feeling a little bit cooler. I was recently reading some friends posts on facebook describing the cool weather in Florida. Some were going on morning bike rides while others were opening up there windows and letting the crisp breeze blow through their houses. As I secretly cursed these friends and family members I noticed something as I walked through the kitchen yesterday. For the first time since I've been here the temperature read 79degrees! I can't tell you how excited I was!! It took almost 2 straight days of rain with no chance of seeing any sunlight for this to happen, but it did! We don't ever run our air here and always have the windows open and it felt so nice! So nice to actually have the thought of wearing the one pair of sweat pants that I brought down with me. So nice to actually think that Fall in Dominica may be approaching. So nice to think I may actually wear some of the jeans I packed. So nice to think that when we are back in Florida in 10 weeks in 3 days it will be much cooler weather!!!

2 comments: