9.05.2010

The Swim to Secret Beach

So the Cook and Beatty family decided to join the rankings with the Hintons and Dettingers and make the swim to Secret Beach. In theory, it sounded like a great adventure! People usually rent like kayaks or sail boats and even take a boat over the seclusive beach, but oh no, we decided to swim it!! It actually turned out to be quite fun. The way there seemed like no big deal. I honestly was reminiscing on my highschool swim days and was quite shocked at how well I kept up. But the way back the winds picked up and we were fighting the current. It probably doubled in length and thats when I knew I could barely hack it.

First time wearing goggles. He was super excited. Now we just have to get some that make him look less like Elton John as Norm would say. Personally, I think he looks adorable!

So Norm and BJ blew up this little boat and Norm Jr sat in it while Tyler and Taylor help onto the sides of the boat. Norm and BJ traded off pulling the boat with a rope while I swam alongside.

The beautiful views of the beach. The beach itself is not very big. For a second I thought, we could fit all the Beatty's and my family all on the beach and may be crammed. But the water was beautiful and was so relaxing to be the only ones there.

We made it! I was too tired to raise my hands! haha

Catching hermit crabs, building sand castles, and Norm, doing what Norm does best....fishing :)


I'm so glad we got this picture! It's proof that we were really out there swimming in the ocean. During the swim I can remember thinking for a second, "What the heck am I doing!!?" We're seriously in the middle of the ocean swimming! What if this happend or that happend...I started to get a little freaked out about the thought of Norm Jr. being torn to shreds by a monstrous shark or something (crazy i know) So i look back to see how he's doing and he's knocked out sleeping soundly to the lull of the waves.

2 comments:

  1. Way to go Beattys!!! What a bunch of studs! Where did you get that boat, that thing is pretty cool! And yes, Norm is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. crazy!!!! i don't think i could have done it!

    ReplyDelete