Back home in the states I would pride myself of how great of a laundry doer I was. I really don't mind it. I love the smell of fresh new clean clothes. I would even volunteer to do friends laundry. There's something about dirty clothes becoming clean and then they are folded so nice and neat and put away....Yes I know I have a little problem. But...since moving here, laundry is a little different. First I have put the clothes in, let the water fill up, then create a nice little mixture of laundry soap and hot boiling water, then put it in. I then get to go outside and sweat while hanging the clothes up. Then, I get to take them down, with them feeling stiff as a board and fold them. Hoping that they actually got clean. So this was my everyday for about a week. For once, I didn't feel like folding them. Maybe its my new laissez faire Caribbean lifestyle..haha So they kept piling, and piling, and piling on one, then two, maybe even on top of three barrels. Until finally, I threw them all on my bed and decided I had to fold them!! I could just hear my mothers voice yelling "Casandra, fold those clothes!!"

Oh the joys of living in Dominica!
Wow, am am so empressed by those that do their own luandry here. I would rather die. We send it out. It costs a small fortune, but is so worth it! Did I mention I HATE doing luandry! Cudos!!!
ReplyDeleteWow cass... Such a hard workin woman! Don't feel bad, our laundry room looks like that most of the time and we have air conditioning! You're doing awesome! Love ya!
ReplyDeleteIt looks like Ashley's room! hahah
ReplyDelete